Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our Healthcare Is Rotten


Once again I have chosen to comment on Rachel Edwards' Blue Stocking Suffragette blog. This time I choose her blog post "Give me your Tired, Your Poor...but not Your Sick"  where she talks about the Healthcare system in our country. I really enjoy the great points she makes on the very important topics in our government. She has great collection of data of the variation among the medical areas to help back up all her opinions. I definitely agree that price regulation among the U.S. is very high in relation to other countries and I wish there could be an answer for that because our country needs more regularity to be able to help our diverse communities. I like many Americans am an uninsured student. My parents are both immigrants to this country and they have been living on their limited amount of healthcare that they can afford. They have raised me on their low income non insured jobs all my life and we have had a couple scares where we have to really debate whether we should go to the doctor or not. The other good point she makes is that healthcare is largely privatized and that it makes it very difficult to afford in many families. I currently have no health insurance, so I live by getting check-ups when I can afford them or by looking for cheaper alternatives.  I agree our government needs to take a good look at how their healthcare system is denying a healthy way of living for many people and make adjustments viable to all. In all this blog hits home for me because it is a real struggle for many Americans everyday and our country shouldn’t deny us the freedom to live. 

No comments: